Susan M. Murphy, Founding Member & Lead Attorney
A champion for homeowners’ rights
Susan M. Murphy is a California real estate attorney who has been in practice since 1996. She focuses on litigation against lenders and servicers. Since the foreclosure crisis began, Ms. Murphy has represented more than 500 borrowers in foreclosure litigation and gained a reputation for winning settlements against the big lenders such as Wells Fargo, Chase and Bank of America. Ms. Murphy uses her legal skill to champion the rights of individuals against the big lenders and return them to power over their financial lives.
The experience to achieve results
Ms. Murphy leads a team at Advocate Legal that consists of forensic auditors, loan underwriters, fellow attorneys, and paralegals who can use their years of experience to guide you through litigation, a bankruptcy, a short sale, loan modification, debt settlement or eviction defense — and can be your relentless advocate.
Dedication to protecting the individual
Susan M. Murphy began her legal practice as a human rights lawyer representing refugees seeking political asylum. Ms. Murphy took on the hardest of cases involving gays, minorities and women, winning asylum for more than 90 percent of her clients. Her work as an asylum attorney writing and arguing appeals before the Ninth Circuit, coupled with her desire to help people, enabled her to make a smooth transition into representing homeowners against lenders in bankruptcies and foreclosures. In addition, Ms. Murphy leverages the power of the written word with skills honed during her six years writing asylum appeals to the Ninth Circuit as an asylum attorney.
Contact a Los Angeles real estate lawyer committed to fighting for you
When you feel powerless against big lenders, Advocate Legal offers the compassionate support and guidance you need to stop foreclosures and find a way to free yourself from debt. To schedule an evaluation with Susan M. Murphy today, contact us online or call [ln::phone] today.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, 1996
- B.A., broadcast journalism, New York University, 1972
- Institut International des Droits de l’Homme, 2003 Strasbourg, France
- Advanced program in human rights
- California Bar Association
- Los Angeles Bar Association
- Lonnie Carr et al v. HSBC BANK, USA et al. –, CIV RS 1207536 Superior Court of California, County of San Bernardino, Rancho Cucamonga
- Maria Spirock et al v Wells Fargo Financial California, Inc., BC491832 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, Stanley Mosk
- Kristina Lincoln v Citimortgage, Inc., EC058824 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, Burbank
- Neal et al v. Flagstar Bank, YC067406 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, Norwalk
- Albert Rivera v Bann-Cor Mortgage, 37-2012-00055546-CU-OR-NC Superior Court of California, County of San Diego, North County
- Human Rights Project, Los Angeles
- Pro bono attorney
- Public Counsel Law Center
- Pro bono attorney